Mute your inner critic, know your worth and find your place in the world again
Hey you. I know since finishing treatment, you’ve been feeling a bit lost. You’ve been trying to get back into ‘normal’ life but life after cancer just ain’t normal. You’re feeling like you’ve lost an essential part of yourself and you just can’t seem to shut that little critical voice in your head off. It tells you that you should be grateful you’re better, that you should have bounced back to your old self by now. Am I right?
You want to get back to living again, especially after spending so long in hospital. You want to re-discover who you are now you’ve finished cancer treatment and have the confidence to live life on your terms. You want to be able to tell people exactly how you feel and really own your experience. But where do you even start?
It’s not easy when you’re trying to figure everything out on your own. Or when you try and explain what’s going on to people who just don’t get it. Getting over cancer is tough and life after cancer isn’t smooth sailing either. Tuning out the voice in your head that says crappy stuff about you and figuring out who you really are now takes time and a lot of self-reflection.
Hey, I’m just as guilty as the next person for keeping busy to avoid what’s really going on, but more often than not, you’ll find that ignoring the root of the problem doesn’t make it go away.
You need someone who gets to know YOU and YOUR journey, who realises that life after cancer is in no way ‘normal’, and who can help you to discover who you are now. I created “Pathway to Courage” because you can be the best version of you after cancer.
Hey – I’m Allie.
I finished cancer treatment back in 2008 and expected life to be…different somehow. The constant hospital visits were over, the worry that had hung over us as a family had disappeared and I should have been feeling on top of the world, right? Well, I did for a while. But then other fears started to creep in.
It took me years to get to a place where I felt like I could finally break through & own my experience. Where I could finally stand up, head held high and stride back out into the world. To be able to strike up conversations with anyone from the cleaner to the CEO. To accept myself without the need for validations from others. Now, I want to help people like you who are finding it hard to get their mojo back after cancer treatment.
Pathway to Courage
A 6 week 1:1 coaching program to help you:
- Switch off the negative thoughts and say YES to the positive ones
- Move to a place of acceptance and take more control over your future
- Talk to people in an easy, effortless way and communicate effectively
- Find a deeper love for yourself – embrace your beautiful body and your wonderful mind
- Unleash your inner child to use creativity as a form of self-expression, even if you think you’re no good at that sort of thing
- Build your confidence to step into the life you want, instead of just trying to fit into the life you left behind
In our 6 weeks of one-on-one work, you’ll get:
- A detailed ‘Getting to Know You’ Welcome Pack before we begin
- Welcome Gift from me
- 6 hour-long sessions with me (that’s one per week!)
- Email check-ins each week
- Weekly workbook to keep you focused
See what my clients say:
Pathway to Courage Breakdown
Week 1: Reflection, Transformation, Motivation
In our first week together, we’ll discuss the forms you’ve completed in your Welcome Pack, including your confidence assessments. This is all about working out what you’d like to work on in particular and where you’d like to be in 6 weeks’ time. We’ll:
- Discuss your goals for coaching
- Reflect on how your experiences have impacted your confidence
- Create a plan for the week ahead to get you started
Week 2: The Right Mindset
Once we’ve reflected on your first week, we’ll delve into talking about how you can achieve your goals and what you’ll need to focus on. We’ll:
- Look at your current mindset and how it could be holding you back
- Discuss techniques to put you in the best headspace to achieve your goals
- Develop personal affirmations to use daily
Week 3: Changing your Narrative
The way you talk to yourself has a big effect on your confidence. Who needs enemies when you’ve got your own little critic in your head day after day? This week, we’ll:
- Focus in on your inner critic and what it tells you about yourself
- Talk about ways to turn your negative thoughts into positive ones
- Start to re-program your inner critic so you can stop beating yourself up and start feeling good
Week 4: Talking to Others
After we’ve looked at your own self-talk, we’ll look at how you talk to others. We’ll role-play within the session to help you develop your confidence & become more assertive. We’ll also:
- Identify the situations you feel least confident in, whether it’s in your work or personal life
- Discuss what you can do to voice your opinions more effectively
- Develop your skills for setting boundaries and saying ‘No’
Week 5: What’s Your Story?
This is my absolute favourite week as we start to get creative. Creativity can really help you to express yourself and work through your feelings. We’ll:
- Complete some quick exercises to kickstart your creativity
- Talk about your favourite ways to get creative (even if you think you’re not creative at all)
- Set you a creative challenge that you’ll complete in the week
Week 6: Four Corners of the Self
For our last week together, we’ll look back on how the course has been for you & discuss how you’ll continue to take care of yourself going forward. We’ll also:
- Look at the four corners of the self & how you’ll support yourself in each of these areas
- Re-do your confidence assessment to see which areas you’ve improved in
- Wrap up by looking back on how far you’ve come & what your goals will be for the future
Apply for 1:1 confidence coaching
“Allie, I’m SO busy! Will I have time for this?”
Yes – if you can spare just 30 minutes a day, focusing on yourself, that’s all you need to get started. Time is the most important commodity we have – if you spend two hours in the evening watching Netflix, you’ve definitely got time for this course.
“I’ve already tried other ways to boost my confidence. How do I know this is actually going to help me?”
If you’ve already tried other things, that tells me you’re more than ready for this. It also tells me that you haven’t quite got to the root of what’s holding you back yet, which is where I come in. Having been in a similar position myself, I can totally relate to your experiences after cancer & understand where you’re coming from. That helps me to help you!
“So, how does this actually work?”
All you’ll need is an email address and Zoom. Once you get in touch, we set up a discovery call to discuss how I can help you. After our initial call, I’ll send you a Welcome Pack which you’ll work through before our first session. Each week, we’ll video call for an hour and between sessions, you’ll be doing some homework which I’ll hold you accountable to – sorry, not sorry. I’ll also get in touch between sessions to see how you’re getting on and to keep you on track. And that’s it! Easy.